We are hiring! Post-Doctoral Researcher (FT/ 100% post) Application deadline extended – September 25th, 2018
The deadline for applications is September 25th, 2018.
The CEEYou(th) project is dedicated to young Polish and Lithuanian migrants in the United Kingdom. Executed by an international Polish-Lithuanian consortium under the funding from the NCN DAINA scheme, the research focuses on two major ‘new EU’ sending countries and look at what migrants below the age of 34 “do” to handle the result of the Brexit Referendum vote. The objectives of the project are (1) To compare migrating youth from Poland and Lithuania in the reference to those who stayed in the home countries; (2) To compare and evaluate whether young Poles and Lithuanians are socially “anchored” or embedded in their destination country; (3)To explore various risks experienced by young migrants from Poland and Lithuania in the context of Brexit; (4) To analyse how the unfolding implications of Brexit affect life trajectories of Poles and Lithuanians, with special focus on transitions to adulthood; (5) To explore and compare the latest return migration of young Poles and Lithuanians, and (6) To highlight migratory behaviors of ethnic Poles from Lithuania and ethnic Lithuanians from Poland in the UK.
Position & Tasks:
- The post holder will join the CEEYouth team, Youth Research Center and SWPS University on a full-time basis.
- Your main responsibility will be an oversight, supervision and fulfillment of all CEEYouth project’s milestones and outputs in the realm of quantitative research.
- You will support the operationalization of the core CEEYou(th) research and will be primarily involved in the preparation of quantitative research tools.
- With the support of the Lithuanian Partners and PhD student, you will lead the analyses of quantitative data used and collected by the project.
- You will participate in and lead scientific outputs of the project, e.g. attending conferences with paper presentations and co-authoring research reports and scholarly article/papers;
- You will collaborate with the international project team, especially with your counterparts in Lithuania and advisors in the UK.
- You will be embedded in the Youth Research Center of the SWPS University and will support the Center’s activities.
- You will co-supervise junior researchers involved in the CEEYouth project.
- You have a PhD in Sociology;
- You exhibit excellent skills in quantitative research methods and, ideally, have a good understanding of mixed-methods approaches;
- You have a track record of reports and academic publications, ideally in English-language and in the fields of migration studies, youth studies, ethnicity, labor market, work, risk or any other topics related to the project;
- You are fluent in Polish (handling raw data) and have good English language skills that enable you to collaborate with an international team.
- Employment contract full time 6380PLN (gross salary);
- Opportunity to work in a professional and friendly team with distinguished professors, renowned researchers and opinion leaders;
- Career development opportunities.
1) Academic CV (with details on qualifications/ degree; scholarly achievements and awards, experience in research projects, academic interests, etc.);
2) List of publications
3) Cover letter explaining your interest in the position and how you see yourself fulfilling the role.
Recruitment procedure and employment:
Applications will be evaluated by a hiring committee comprising Prof. dr hab. Izabela Grabowska (Principal Investigator), dr Paulina Pustulka and dr Justyna Sarnowska. The committee will create a ranking of the candidates. In case of a large number of well-qualified applicants, a second stage of the recruitment procedure will entail face-to-face interviews at the Youth Research Center at the SWPS University in Warsaw.
The committee’s decision is final and cannot be appealed.
The position will be filled by September 30th, 2018 and the new hire is expected to start on October 1st, 2018.
Complete applications should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org as single .pdf files. The deadline for applications is September 25th, 2018. Late and incomplete applications will not be accepted. Additional information and informal inquiries about the post should be directed to Professor Izabela Grabowska (email@example.com).